Overview of BEGINNER LEVEL 2:
- Total Duration : 48 sessions
- Age : 7 Years and above
- Group Size : Up to 5 Students (will be reshuffled after 6 months based on the learning ability)
- Session Duration: 1 hour
- Class Schedule : Once A Week
- In this level, will be able to sing all Saptha swaras with accurate sruti and laya (talam).
- Introduction on how to sing a song (Gitam).
- Learning the first composition with lyrics is introduced.
- The learner improves in technical skills and virtuosity.
- The songs are usually written in Sanskrit, Kannada and Bhandira (ancient language).
There will be an internal exam at every level. Depending on the result, the student will get the required assistance to apply to other universities for exams.
Prerequisites to join the course
- Minimum basic musical knowledge AND
- Must complete level 1
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom software
- Music book (Link will be provided)
Overview of Curriculum Topics:
Regular theory class.
Practical (Gitams will be taught in 3 speeds)
- Pillari Gitam (4) written by Sri Purandharadasa
- Sadharana Gitam (2) – Introduction to various ragas and talas
- Ghanaraga Gitam (4)
- Lakshana Gitam (1)
IF A STUDENT GETS CONFIDENT OF THE ABOVE CHAPTERS, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE TAUGHT:
- Swara pallavi (2)
- Simple devotional songs
Outcome by the end of the level:
- Strong foundation is built because students learn 3 speeds.
- Deeper appreciation of music.
- This is the link course between the higher musical forms.
- These simple compositions enable an aspirant to understand the perfect synchronisation of melody, rhythm, and sound with notation.
- Develops a peaceful and meditative mindset.
Once students complete the Beginner level 2, they are ready for the Intermediate level 3. Learning music depends on a student’s ability to grasp the lesson. If the student is a quick learner, they will be fast tracked to the next level.