The Beginner level is designed to introduce the game and fundamental concepts of chess to the students.
The goal of the Chess is to:
- Sharpen the analytical and logical skills
- Develop competitive spirit and sportsmanship
- Develop game strategy and enhance their strength and grip over the game
- Develop decision-making, perseverance skill, and concentration
This program will not only help the students in learning chess, but also will guide them in their academic and personal growth.
Overview of Beginner level:
- Total Duration: 60 – 72 sessions
- Age: 5 years and above
- Group Size: 5 – 8 learners
- Session Duration: 50 mins
- Class Schedule: Once a week
Prerequisites to join the course
- The learner should be 5 years and above
- Completion of the novice level learning is required
- Inclined towards learning the game
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom Software
- A chessboard
- A multi camera setup.
- Introduction to chess
- Elementary mates
- Simple checkmate
- General opening theory
- Opening tricks and traps
- Middle game combination and tactics
- Game Analysis
- The end game
Outcome by the end of the level:
Academic Advantages: Students get better in-
- Basic Arithmetic.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
Personal Advantages: Students become more-
Once students complete the Beginner level, they are ready for the Intermediate level.
1. Is this an easy game for my child to learn?
A: Chess is an easy game to learn. It requires nothing more than average intelligence and interest to become a good chess player.
2. What is the right age to start learning chess?
A: Chess is for everyone. There is no age bar to start learning chess.
3. What are the advantages of playing chess?
A: There are many advantages. Chess helps to develop memory, promote imagination and creativity, improves patience, discipline and much more.
4. What is syllabus and course duration?
A: The syllabus is divided in four levels – Novice, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced level
5. Are the students trained for competitions?
A: Yes, if the student is interested, we do help in training them for various competitions like the state or national level championship or to get an International FIDE rating etc.
6. How important is it to get the right trainer for my child?
A: It is important to choose the right trainer as this is the most important decision for the future of your child. A good trainer always motivates and teaches the game in an interesting way to make learning easy for kids.
7. How many hours a day should my child practice chess?
A: As a beginner, one hour is sufficient to study chess every day, at an intermediate level we recommend minimum one and a half hour of practice everyday and as a professional, a minimum 3 hours of practice is required every day.