Chess is life. It touches every part of our life.
The Novice level is designed to introduce the game and fundamental concepts of chess to the students.
The goal of teaching Chess is to:
- Introduce basic concepts and techniques
- Develop interest towards the game
- Develop an understanding towards the game and enhance their strength and grip over the game
- Develop decision-making and concentration
This program will not only help the students in learning chess, but also guide them in their personal growth.
Overview of Novice Level :
- Total Duration : 14 – 16 sessions
- Age : 5 years and above
- Group Size : 5 – 8 learners
- Session Duration: 45 – 50 Minutes
- Class Schedule: Once a week
Prerequisites to join the course
- The learner should be 4 years and above
- No prior learning required
- Inclined towards learning the game
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom Software
- A chessboard
- A multi camera setup.
- Origin, History & Current status of Chess; Naming system; country to country
- Files, Ranks & Sq Names; Piece Names & Movement
- Attack, Capture & Defence of pieces
- Check & checkmate, Idea of Draw
- How to use Lichess & its tournaments
- Value of Pieces- Good & Bad Exchange
- Special moves: Castling & its rules, Pawn Promotion, En Passant
- Draw types
- Mate in One
- CPR CTT
- Game levels: Opening-Middle-End; Opening Theory & Principles
- Meaning of Advantage; Hanging Pieces Double Attack
- Chess Notations [Complete]
- Weekly min 8-10 Games & accordingly puzzles
Outcome by the end of the level:
- Students approach towards the game of chess will improve.
- They will understand that it is easy to learn and enjoy the game.
- Students will understand the basic tactics / strategies and techniques of the game.
Once students complete the Novice level, they are ready for the Beginner level.
1. Is this an easy game for my child to learn?
A: Chess is an easy game to learn. It requires nothing more than an average intelligence and interest to become a good chess player.
2. What is the right age to start learning chess?
A: Chess is for everyone. There is no age bar to start learning chess.
3. What are the advantages of playing chess?
A: There are many advantages. Chess helps to develop memory, promote imagination and creativity, improves patience, discipline and much more.
4. What is syllabus and course duration?
A: The syllabus is divided in four levels – Novice, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced level
5. Are the students trained for competitions?
A: Yes, if the student is interested, we do help in training them for various competitions like the state or national level championship or to get an International FIDE rating etc.
6. How important is it to get the right trainer for my child?
A: It is important to choose the right trainer as this is the most important decision for the future of your child. A good trainer always motivates and teaches the game in an interesting way to make learning easy for kids.
7. How many hours a day should my child practice chess?
A: As a beginner, one hour is sufficient to study chess every day, at an intermediate level we recommend minimum one and a half hour of practice everyday and as a professional, a minimum 3 hours of practice is required every day.