- Learners get comfortable with the instrument.
- Develop strong fundamentals over the basic theory of music as well as playing techniques.
- Get introduced to several musical concepts and theories.
- Build a strong musical foundation.
Overview of novice level
- Total Duration : 20 – 24 sessions
- Age : 6 years and above
- Group Size : Up to 2 learners
- Session Duration : 45 – 50 Minutes
- Class Schedule : Once a week
- The learner should be 6 years and above.
- No prior learning required.
- Inclined towards learning the instrument.
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom Software
- A Keyboard
- Musical Manuscript
- Keyboard sticker (Recommended)
- A multi camera setup.
- Pitch Names
- Major and minor scales
- Fundamentals of music
- Simple Time Signature
- Grand Staff
- Rhythmic values of notes and rests
- Major and Minor Scales
- Finger exercise no.1 – 5
- 3 different Songs
- 4 different Chords
Outcome by the end of the level:
- The learner will understand the fundamentals of music.
- Get well versed with the technical aspect of the Trinity Novice keyboard level book.
- The learner can play sheet music with a given BPM of 60 – 80.
Once students complete the Novice level, they are ready for the Beginner level. (Initial grade )
1. My child is 5.5 years old. Is he eligible for the Novice course?
The child should at least be 6 years or older.
2. Is any prior musical knowledge required for the learner?
Complete beginners are welcome for this course.
3. Will my child be able to appear for a grade exam after this course?
No the child develops his basic knowledge and gets educated about the basics of instruments in this level. He starts his preparation partially for the initial level but is only eligible for an examination after his Beginners level.