- Learners get comfortable with the instrument.
- Develop strong fundamentals over the basic theory of music as well as playing techniques.
- The learner gets introduced to several musical concepts and theory behind the same which adds up to their musical knowledge.
- Learners build strong musical foundation.
Overview of this level:
- Total Duration: 20 – 24 sessions
- Age: 6 years and above
- Group Size: Up to 2 learners
- Session Duration:45 – 50 Minutes
- Schedule: Once a Week
Prerequisites to join the course:
- The learner should be 6 years and above.
- The learner should have a piano to start learning.
- The learner should have a multi-camera setup.
- The learner should be inclined towards learning the instrument.
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom Software
- Musical Manuscript
- Piano sticker (Optional)
- Pitch Names
- Fundamentals of music
- Simple Time Signature
- Grand Staff
- Rhythmic values of notes and rests
- Broken Chords
- Major and Minor Scales
- Finger exercise no.1 – 5
- 4 different Songs
- C major, G Major, A minor Broken Chords
Outcome by the end of the level
- The learner will be introduced to the piano and gain the fundamentals of music.
- The learner will be well versed with the technical aspect of the Trinity College London initial level Piano book.
- The learner can play sheet music with a given BPM (Beats per minute) of 60 – 80.
1. My child is 5.5 years old. Is he eligible for the Novice course?
A: The child should be at least 6 years and above for starting the Novice course.
2. Is any prior musical knowledge required for the learner?
A: No, not required. An interest in music and a willingness to learn is important.
3.Will my child be able to appear for a grade exam after this course ?
A: No, the child develops his basic knowledge and gets educated about the basics of instruments in this level . He starts his preparation partially for initial level but is only eligible for an examination after his Beginners level .