- Students will learn varnams and kritis.
- The students will learn to sing varnams in 2 speeds.
- Training is imparted along with voice culture.
- Laya,Gamakas, reading and writing notation and manodharma sangeetam are also taught.
- Lecture demonstration on music related subjects by eminent scholars and musicians.
Overview of ADVANCED LEVEL 4 :
- Total Duration : 1 years
- Age : 9 Years and above
- Group Size : Up to 5 Students (will be reshuffled after 6 months based on the learning ability)
- Session Duration: 45 – 50 Minutes
- Class Schedule : Once A Week
Prerequisites to join the course
- Musical knowledge AND
- Must complete level 3
Tools, software and material needed:
- Zoom software
- Music book (Link will be provided)
Regular theory class.
Varnams: Four out of five (Padavarnams Compulsory)
- Sarasuda – Saveri (Adi Tala)
- Era Naa Pai – Todi (Adi Tala)
- Saami Ninne – Sri (Adi Tala)
- Chalamela – Darbar (Adi Tala)
- Chalamela – Natakuranji (Pada Varnam)
(Above Varnams should be sung / play in two speeds and Varnas to be sung in Aditalam – redukalalu or Adi chouka taalam)
Kritis: Six out of the eight
- Evarura – Mohana – Misrachapu – Tyagaraja
- Mahaganapathim – Nata – Adi – Muthuswamy Deehitar
- Brochevaravare – Sriranjani – Adi – Thyagaraja
- Paridanamicchite – Bilahari – Khanda Chapu – Patnam Subrahmanyayyar
- Himadrisute – Kalyani – Rupaka – Syamasastri
- Gnanamosagarada – Poorvikalyani- Rupaka – Thyagaraja
- Karunajaladhe – Nadanamakriya – Adi – Thyagaraja
- Any Papanasam Sivan or Oothukkadu Venkata Kavi composition
Outcome by the end of the level:
- Students will understand advanced sruti
- Understand advanced laya exercises
- Value based training is imparted while focussing on professional training
- Students are prepared for various examinations and competitions
- Students can take up professional singing