- The Novice level Electric guitar course is designed to educate all our learners about the elementary studies in guitar playing, fundamental playing techniques and musical knowledge.
- Developing a strong hold on theory whilst developing the Child’s Improvisation and Interpretation skills is the main objective of the course.
- The student is introduced for the first time to the world of guitar playing.
- The playing is made fun accessible and interesting as the child gets to learn his favourite songs if any predetermined choice along with professional training in every sphere.
- The student learns how to play the instrument step-by-step along
with the tutor’s demonstration and corrections.
- Each learner is unique and so the teacher will assess the child and teach with that understanding, every four sessions there will be a short PTM where the child’s individual progress will be discussed.
Overview of NOVICE level:
- Total Duration: 20 – 22 sessions
- Age – 7 years and above
- Group Size: Up to 2 learners
- Session Duration: 45 – 50 Minutes
- Schedule: Once A Week
Prerequisites to join the course:
- The learner should be 7 years or above of age.
- The learner should have willingness to learn the instrument.
- A keen interest in learning a professional skill is required.
Tools, software and material needed:
- An Electric guitar specifically (not an acoustic one)
- A guitar amplifier.
- A guitar cable.
- Above mentioned tools in proper working condition.
- 1 or more guitar plectrums.
- Armless chair for seating
- Parental guidance during class if student is very young.
- An Updated version of Zoom software.
Syllabus for electric guitar Novice Short:
- Learning name of strings anatomy of guitar (electric) Tuning in standard using a tuner and by ear.
- Major scales to be taught in the key of C and G major.
- Learning all chords in the scales C major and G major
- Understanding flats, sharps and natural notes.
- Reading tablature and stave at novice level.
- Understanding A minor pentatonic (all 5 shapes), A minor scale at different
positions and registry of guitar. Also A harmonic minor.
- Learning Improvisational skills In the key of A minor.
Outcome by the end of the level:
- The learner will be able to read the sheet of guitar tablature.
- Will develop rhythmic stimulus.
- Will develop finger strength on the guitar fretboard.
- Understand the right-hand plectrum stroke play.
- Will get comfortable and start enjoying playing the instrument.
- After completion of this level, the student is capable of enrolling in the Initial grade of the Beginner level guitar course.
1. My Child is 6 years of age will he be able to learn electric guitar?
A: No a Child must be 7 years or above to enrol for electric guitar course at novice
2. I have only an Electric guitar is it enough to enrol?
A: No you need a fully functional amplifier, cable guitar and guitar plectrum to enrol.
3. Will my child be ready for exams at an international level at Novice level of the electric guitar course?
A: No, however the he will gain a wide range of musical abilities which will help him obtain grades in guitar and music in further learning.
3. What benefit will my child get after learning electric guitar?
A: Learning guitar or any instrument comes with a range of benefits to students.
These include a better sense of discipline, a more profound sense of co ordination,
natural sense of achievement and an innate sense of achievement with the
progress he or she makes.