This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their Learning opportunities by learning some of the advanced concepts of Python.
The fact is, Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world – Huge companies like Google use it in mission critical applications like Google Search. And Python is the number one language choice for machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence. To get those high paying jobs you need an expert knowledge of Python, and that’s what you will get from this course.
Overview of curriculum:
Students will gain a solid grasp of Python basics, including variables, data types, and basic operations.
They’ll develop confidence in creating their Python programs, allowing them to bring their ideas to life.
The course emphasizes real-world applications, such as creating apps like BMI calculators and tip calculators. Young learners will explore Python’s creative side by developing interactive games like Rock, Paper, Scissors and engaging in storytelling through Hangman games.
Through projects like quiz apps, students will enhance their problem-solving skills, logic, and critical thinking abilities.
Overview of the level:
- Total Duration: 28 – 32 sessions
- Age: 12 years and above
- Group Size: Upto 4 Students
- Session Duration: 50 minutes
- Schedule: Once A Week
Prerequisites to join the course
- Students should be 12 years and above
- No coding knowledge is required
- Having some block based coding understanding will be an added advantage to the student
- Students should have good laptop with internet connections
- Introduction to Python and Basics
- Variables, Data Types, and Basic Operation
- Print and Input Functions
- Conditional Magic and Quizzes (100 mins)
- Python Conditions (If, If-Else, If-Elif-Else)
- Python Collections (List and Tuples)
- Python Loops (While and for)
Outcome by the end of the course completion:
Upon completing this course, students will have a solid grasp of fundamental Python concepts, including variables, data types, and basic operations.
They will gain confidence in writing their Python programs, allowing them to create simple applications and solve everyday problems using code.
Students will be able to apply their Python knowledge to develop practical applications like calculators, games, and interactive quizzes. They will unleash their creativity and storytelling abilities while enhancing their logical thinking.
1. Why should kids learn Python?
A: Coding increases focus and concentration. It also helps with improvement in academics. Coding also teaches kids to break down a problem into smaller parts and work on each part.
2. What skills kids will acquire?
A: Kids will develop logical thinking, creative thinking and problem solving. They learn skills of critical thinking.
3. Why Python? Why not other programming languages?
- Python is easy to read, write and learn.
- Simplicity in syntax.
- First choice for programmers and students.