This course is an introduction to the Python programming language for students without prior programming experience. The course includes data types, control flow, object-oriented programming, and graphical user interface-driven applications.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Python programming language
- Learn how to create your own Python programs
- Have the skills and understanding of Python to confidently apply to instruct even robots
- Create games with Python like Rock, paper, Scissor and Hangman
- Create your own interactive chat bots and many more
Overview of the level:
- Total Duration: 25 sessions
- Age: 12 years and above
- Group Size: Upto 4 Students
- Session Duration: 45 mins
- Schedule: Once A Week
Prerequisites to join the course
- Students should be 12 years and above
- No coding knowledge is required
- Having some block based coding understanding will be an added advantage to the student
- Students should have good laptop with internet connections
- Course Introduction
- Variables and Strings
- Print and input functions
- Python Data Types
- Lists and Tuples
- Conditional Statements
- Python Loops
- Functions and Modules
Outcome by the end of the course completion:
- By the end of this course students will be able to confidently program in
- Solve real time challenges
1. Why should kids learn Python?
A: Coding increases focus and concentration. It also helps with improvement in academics. Coding also teaches kids to break down a problem into smaller parts and work on each part.
2. What skills kids will acquire?
A: Kids will develop logical thinking, creative thinking and problem solving. They learn skills of critical thinking.
3. Why Python? Why not other programming languages?
- Python is easy to read, write and learn.
- Simplicity in syntax.
- First choice for programmers and students.